Friday, August 7, 2009

What's Old is New - Results!

As I mentioned before, I am currently upcycling several pieces of discarded vintage jewelry. Here is an idea of what I've been working on.




These are some veggie bobby pins that I thought were super cute, and in excellent condition!


A friend said I should title this one "Chinese new year" so I did. The pendant is a locket style (though it doesn't open) enameled disk that features a dragon. The gold tone chain came from another multi-layered necklace, and matched perfectly with the dragon pendant. And because the chain is so long, no clasp was necessary!


And this is my favorite so far. It was originally a broach. I cut off all of the pin connectors in the back, filed, and sanded them so that they would be smooth. Then I soldered on two loops to each end, and added a 21 inch sterling silver chain.

All of these items will be available in my Etsy store very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment