Friday, October 8, 2010

Urban Street Bazaar 11

Now that the dust has cleared on a fun filled weekend, I am finally able to post about it. My crafting partner in crime, Val, and I got into Dallas late Thursday night, which gave us all of Friday to roam around the city. That evening we decided to hit up the Texas State Fair. I love going to the fair... so much food everywhere! I decided to try the fried beer which looked like ravioli. I did not care for it at all!

There we are after hitting up the Texas wine tasting booths just in time to catch the parade.


Saturday came with a vengeance. It was also the same day as the Red River Shootout, and since I went to UT, I of course was rooting for the longhorns. The only bummer about me being in Dallas during TX/OU weekend is that I'm bad luck. In all the years I've gone up there since 1999, I have never seen UT win against OU. The only times they've won are when I stay home. Whomp, whomp.

You'd never know there was a huge game in town though, because there were so many people in the Bishop Arts District for the Bazaar! Things started rolling really quickly so I forgot to take pics of our booth on the first day. The pics below are from the second day of the Bazaar, Sunday.

As you can see, there wasn't much left... Our knit/crochet hats and scarves were selling like hotcakes! In addition to what we had there, we were still making while at the fair, and those were selling as soon as they were finished!


Yup, that frame is looking a bit sparse...


This was my nice little ring display set up at the front of the booth.


After a long (and successful) two days of selling, Val and I had a much deserved beer! Eno's Pizza on Bishop Street was AMAZING! I'm so going back the next time I'm in Dallas!

And this was our reward for our weekend!

We had such a blast, and its a shame that this was the last Urban Street Bazaar. While it's nice to see its reincarnate, Indie Genius continue on with the vibe of the Bazaar, I'm still bummed that I won't be going up there to participate in this awesome craft show anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment