Thursday, November 18, 2010

Same ol' Same ol'


Have you ever been online looking at jewelry and saw something, then though to yourself, "I swear I've seen this before?" You're not crazy and more than likely, completely right... especially if you were on Etsy. There is one type of bracelet out there in Etsyland that seems to be the gold standard for copycatting. I will admit it's nice, but it's just that... nice. Nothing extraordinary, just nice. Here's what I'm talking about:




See what I mean; all the same, AND they are from different sellers. The kinda sad thing is that these bracelets sell really well. Not sad for the seller or buyer, but more like sad for artistic integrity. It really is a shame that so many talented artisans feel the need to replicate on a commercial level. Oh well... done ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment