Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm pretty glad that January is finally here... December was a bit overwhelming. My online sales at BLinkDesign just blew up! Which is a good problem to have, I was just taken a bit of guard. For about 3 weeks straight, I was at the post office about every other day and shipped anywhere from 6-10 packages on each visit. I am pleased to say that all orders purchased before 12/20 were in fact delivered before Christmas.

Last year, while I was preoccupied with my wedding, I did see a spike in online sales (it was my first holiday season online) and I was super excited back then to be getting a single sale every day. So like I said, I was just taken off guard when I started getting 10 sales a day!

Well, the new year is here, and I'm starting to work on new designs in both silver and in knits. My supplies have been somewhat restocked, however the shop is looking a bit bare, so I'm going to have to get working pretty quick... especially since today is the first First Friday of the year down here in Southtown.

Sales so far in this first week are looking good too! While I can take a bit of a breather now that the holidays are over, it doesn't quite look like my work is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment