Friday, March 11, 2011

Them vs. Me

In no way am I trying to be a copycat designer, but I recently looked over a Spring 2011 James Avery catalog and noticed some big similarities between some of my designs and theirs. The only real difference is the price. Keep in mind both their designs and my designs are comprised of sterling silver. Take a look for yourself:
Theirs: $75. Not to mention that I've seen this ring and it is about 1/2 the size of mine featured below.


Mine: $55, and like I mentioned before, about twice the size of their flower.


Theirs: $99


Mine: $30.

I will admit that they've got quality stuff, but I'm just questioning whether they are just too overpriced, or am I undercutting myself?



1 comment:

  1. I like your first flower ring better than theirs. Your second is too close to tell much of a difference. As far as price I am not sure. I haven't bought a sterling ring in a while.
    No way I would pay what they want for the second one though.

    PD

    ReplyDelete