Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Aprons!

I've been meaning to make some for a while now, and finally, this past Friday I made my first apron. In the past 5 days, I've made a total of 4 aprons so far, and I've got a 5th about halfway done. I love making these! They're really cute, and there's so many ways to construct them. Here's a look at what I've been working on.

This one is for sale on my website HERE.

Here is what the reverse side looks like.

Below are some ruffles at the bottom of another one.



The halter one below is going to be sent to my sister.


Each one I've made so far is different, but all are still totally cute! What I like about these items is that I can get really zany and colorful with the fabric choices, unlike garment making, where my fabric choices tend to be MUCH more subtle.

2 comments:

  1. If you made kids' clothes you could get as zany & colorful as you want. ;)

    I love the aprons. Are you using a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nope, no patterns. I just sketch, mesasure, cut and sew :)

    ReplyDelete