Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ojo de Dios

Graduation season is upon us and good friend/loyal B.Link customer, Sarah will be waking the stage to get her masters in the coming days. To commemorate this event while giving a nod to her cultural heritage, Sarah asked a few weeks ago if I would make a serape style graduation stole for her. I loved the idea, but the only problem I saw was finding a suitable serape fabric. After looking around in several places, I came across this Ojo de Dios fabric over at Tres Rebeca's.


I showed Sarah the fabric, and she decided to go with it. Here she is below and posing with the finished result.


As you can see, the fabric is very vibrant. Sarah has shown others what she will be wearing as she crosses the stage, and as of today, I've made 5 custom graduation stoles! With any project, there are always bits and pieces and scraps left over, and being the conservative crafter that I am (resource wise, not politically), I decided to create these additional items out of those remaining bits of fabric.



Above is a cute fabric rosette headband. $18. Below is a headband that I decided to keep for myself. It got plenty of use out of it while I was at the beach a few days ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment