Saturday, July 10, 2010

Goodbye, Friend

Loss is never easy, regardless of whether you see it coming or if it happens within a blink of an eye. A dear friend was lost today, and he will greatly be missed.

Working two jobs is tough, and as funny as it may sound, the thing that keeps me going are the wonderful people I have the privilege to work with. While I may not be rich or wealthy, I am extremely lucky to have so many amazing people in my life. It is very rare that the people you are paid to be around are seen more as family and less as co-workers. The people I've encountered over the past 6 years have become my second family.

Today, my second family is grieving the loss of a loved one.

I will always remember your smile, your jolly outlook on things, how you loved to have a good time, how you never judged, how you rolled with the punches, your strong work ethic, how you were well liked and loved, your diverse and awesome taste in music, and how you always made people laugh.

You were so well liked, and as a friend put it best, we all had a "Greg Moment." Remember the time we worked Jennifer's Body? When the lady in the theater made a loud "eyyyyeeeeee!" in a quiet theater because she thought something scary was going to happen, but nothing did. Oh, we couldn't stop laughing! For weeks, every time we saw each all we could say was "eyyyyyeeeeee!" Remember the stories we kept making up? "eyyyyeeeeee!"like an old lady walking barefoot on gravel, or "eyyyyyyeeeee!" like an old lady being pinched, or "eyyyyyeeeeee!" like your grandma getting splashed by cold water.

You had a good heart, Greg. All of us here will miss you so much. Rest in peace.


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your friend. Your "eyyyyyeeeeee!" story was hilarious. But I am sorry you lost your friend and I hope you feel better soon.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks puss! Oh, that "eyyyyyyyeeee!" story will make me laugh till the day I die!

    ReplyDelete